2021 Honda Pilot Towing Capacity
If you’re in the market for a new SUV, then you want a vehicle that can easily navigate your Livonia commute and be able to tow your trailer to your favorite outdoor campsite. The 2021 Honda Pilot towing capacity reaches 5,000-pounds when it’s properly equipped, meaning you can tow your trailer, boat, or other equipment with ease on Detroit roads. Learn more about how much a Honda Pilot can tow below, then browse the 2021 Honda Pilot color options!
What is the Honda Pilot Towing Capacity?
How much can a Honda Pilot tow? The 2021 Honda Pilot towing capacity will change depending on the trim level and systems you choose. See the Honda Pilot towing capacity by trim level below:
- The Honda Pilot LX, EX, EX-L, Special Edition, and Touring trim levels have a maximum towing capacity of 3,500 pounds with standard 2WD. When you upgrade to the Intelligent Variable Torque Management AWD System, the Honda Pilot towing capacity will reach a maximum 5,000 pounds.
- The Honda Pilot Black Edition is only available with AWD, so you will receive the full 5,000-pound towing capacity without needing to upgrade the drivetrain.
Drivers will also enjoy the 2021 Honda Pilot payload capacity of 1,420 to 1,625 pounds for transporting cargo or DIY project supplies around Ann Arbor.
Honda Pilot Performance Specs
Powering the 2021 Honda Pilot is a 3.5L V6 engine. This powerful engine is paired with a 9-speed automatic transmission and delivers 280 hp with 262 lb-ft of torque. Powerful and fuel efficient, the 3.5L V6 engine is the only engine offered in the Pilot lineup, ensuring drivers will have plenty of power behind the wheel no matter which Honda Pilot configuration they choose!
Honda Pilot Towing and Safety Features
To ensure drivers get a balance of strong performance and towing power, the Honda Pilot comes with additional performance and safety features for extra support and handling on the road. Whether you mostly commute around town or you frequent the highway, the Honda Pilot towing and safety features will help your Honda run efficiently the entire time.
- HondaLink: This system will help you keep an eye on your Honda model’s fuel range, service schedule, and more all from your phone.
- Eco Assist System: This intelligent system will show you the status of your fuel usage to help you improve driving efficiency when braking or accelerating.
- Hill Start Assist: Sensors installed on the Honda Pilot will detect when you’re on a hill and notify the system to apply the brakes as you move your foot from the brake pedal to the gas pedal for added safety.
- Intelligent Variable Torque Management AWD System: This system helps to boost Honda Pilot towing capacity while also allowing drivers to navigate rough terrain on or off the road.
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with Guidelines: The rearview camera helps drivers navigate in and out of parking spaces while also keeping an eye out for any obstacles.
Test Drive the Honda Pilot at Victory Honda of Plymouth
The 2021 Honda Pilot towing capacity allows drivers to pull their trailers, boats, or other equipment to their favorite campsite. Whether you need just 3,500 pounds or the full 5,000 pound towing capacity, the team at Victory Honda of Plymouth can help you get the Honda Pilot model you need for your daily drives. Visit our Plymouth showroom and apply for financing today to get behind the wheel of a new Honda Pilot!
More from Victory Honda of Plymouth
Did you know that this week is National Teen Driver Safety Week? October 17-23, 2021. We are using this week as a reminder to talk to our teenage children about the importance of staying safe behind the wheel. While these are important conversations to have every week, this week we are being sure…
Get A High Score With The New 2022 Honda Civic Si EvoTrack Experience Check out Honda’s newest mobile and desktop video game! Go to evotrack.honda.com from your mobile phone or on your desktop computer to get behind the wheel of a New Honda and earn a high score. Easily challenge your friends and family…
Ding! Yes, Honda makes the most fuel-efficient vehicles! Honda is the most fuel-efficient full-line auto-maker in America, according to the 2020 EPA Automotive Trends Report. Based on 2019 model year data, the latest available, new Honda vehicles averaged a “real world” 28.9 mpg, a full 4 mpg better than the industry average. It…